Wildflower Turf Ltd is the leading supplier of Wildflower Turf products in the UK. We produce a range of innovative wildflower products that are bio diverse and low maintenance. The ‘back to nature’ philosophy has growing momentum in the landscape world and in both private and public spaces there is more emphasis on creating natural and wildlife friendly planting.
In 2012, we famously provided the turf for the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics as well as many of the surrounding landscaped areas in the Athletes Village and Olympic Park. Due to the enormous interest that this has generated and the incredible ongoing success and acclaim that the turf achieved, we are in a continuing growth phase and currently searching for an Assistant Production Supervisor to help develop the production of the turf and other products.
Assistant Turf Production Supervisor
The new position is a production based role involving the growing of Wildflower Turf and related products. Working alongside the Turf Manager you will be expected to oversee and manage the production team and schedules.
- The growing and lifting of turf
- Restocking and maintenance of the soil-less production system.
- Ensure smooth operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Responsible for the optimisation of performance from the production team.
- Working with the MD and Turf Manager in research and development of existing and new products.
Skills and Experience from the ideal candidate:
- Team player with leadership qualities.
- Effective communication skills.
- Well organised.
- Target driven.
- Mechanical knowledge.
- Proficient tractor and Telehandler/forklift driving skills with necessary tickets/qualifications
- Agricultural/horticultural experience
- Resident in Hampshire/Berkshire/Surrey
- Trials work experience an advantage
- Irrigation knowledge an advantage
What to expect from Wildflower Turf:
- Challenging position with broad responsibilities
- A market leading company with exciting plans for growth and development
- A small, enthusiastic, experienced and ambitious team
- Plenty of room for personal development
- A stunning rural location
- A strong focus on the environment
For more information, please contact Claire Hewetson-Brown at Wildflower Turf on 01256 771222 or email your CV to email@example.com. We politely ask that Recruitment Consultants need not get in touch.